MASON CITY, Iowa – A Cerro Gordo County woman gets a deferred judgment for submitting phony insurance claims.
Amber Marie Griffin, 34 of Mason City, pleaded guilty to four counts of fraudulent insurance claims and one count of 2nd degree theft. She’s been ordered to spend five years on supervised probation and must pay $2,830 in restitution.
Authorities say Griffin created fake medical records to send in with her claim for thousands of dollars in insurance payouts.
If she successfully completes her probation, this conviction will be removed from her record.
- Mason City woman sentenced for insurance fraud
- Mason City woman pleads guilty to insurance fraud
- Court docs: Mason City woman accused of insurance fraud, theft
- Mason City woman sentenced for meth crime
- Mason City woman sentenced for marijuana
- Arson sentence for Mason City woman
- Mason City woman sentenced for meth dealing
- Klemme woman sentenced for automobile purchase fraud
- North Iowa woman pleads not guilty to insurance fraud
- Mason City Walmart thieves sentenced