MASON CITY, Iowa – A woman accused of submitting thousands of dollars in phony insurance claims is pleading guilty.
Amber Marie Griffin, 34 of Mason City, is charged with four counts of fraudulent insurance claims and one count of 2nd degree theft. Investigators say Griffin created fake medical records to send in with her claims for a total of $9,075 in insurance payouts.
Griffin has entered a guilty plea on all counts and is due to be sentenced on May 20 in Cerro Gordo County District Court.
- Mason City woman pleads guilty to insurance fraud
- Mason City woman sentenced for insurance fraud
- North Iowa woman pleads not guilty to insurance fraud
- Court docs: Mason City woman accused of insurance fraud, theft
- Mason City man pleads guilty to trespass
- Mason City couple pleads guilty to forgery
- Teen pleads guilty to Mason City gunfire
- Mason City woman pleads guilty to dealing meth
- Mason City woman pleads guilty to marijuana charge
- Mason City man pleads not guilty to attacking a woman