MASON CITY, Iowa - A Mason City woman has been charged for allegedly punching a doctor after visiting the emergency room.
Shannon Grouette, 42, has been charged with assault on persons in certain occupations after an alleged incident late Wednesday night.
Grouette was uncooperative with hospital staff and allegedly punched a doctor on the left side of her face and again on the upper lip and shoulder.
Grouette was being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail on $2,000 bond.
- Mason City woman accused of punching doctor multiple times after visiting ER
- Mason City man accused of punching pregnant woman in stomach
- Mason City man accused of strangling, punching pregnant woman in the stomach
- Mason City man sentenced for multiple burglaries
- Mason City police: Woman arrested after trying to kick, bite nurse in ER
- Google visits Mason City High School
- Mason City woman wins $30,000
- Man accused of punching a pregnant woman gets no prison time
- Report: ER visits on the rise during holidays
- Court docs: Mason City woman accused of insurance fraud, theft