MASON CITY, Iowa – A teenager is going to be sentenced for forgery.
Marcus Laurence Xavier Meyer, 18 of Mason City, was arrested on December 1, 2017. Mason City police say he tried to run away from officers but was quickly caught.
Meyer is accused of presenting a stolen check to a Mason City bank between August 24 and September 9, 2017. He has entered an Alford plea to a felony charge of forgery. Meyer is scheduled to be sentenced on April 14.
An Alford plea means Meyer does not admit guilt but will accept sentencing.
- Mason City teen to be sentenced for forgery
- Guilty plea in Mason City forgery case
- Mason City man accused of check forgery
- Mason City couple pleads guilty to forgery
- Mason City teen sentenced for marijuana
- Mason City teen sentenced for stolen check
- Central Iowa woman accused of check forgery in Mason City
- North Iowa woman sentenced for forgery
- Northeast Iowa woman sentenced for check forgery
- Mason City teen sentenced for harboring a runaway