MASON CITY, Iowa – Forgery lands a teenager probation.
Marcus Laurence Xavier Meyer, 19 of Mason City, entered an Alford plea to one count of felony forgery. Police say he presented a stolen check to a Mason City bank. An Alford plea means Meyer does not admit guilt but concedes he could be convicted at trial and will accept sentencing.
On Monday, he was given five years of supervised probation and a $750 civil penalty. Meyer must also pay restitution to his victim.
- Mason City teen sentenced for stolen check
- Mason City teen sentenced for marijuana
- Stolen checks send Mason City man to jail
- Long prison sentence for Mason City check forger
- Mason City woman sentenced for using a stolen credit card
- Mason City man sentenced for driving a stolen truck
- Mason City Walmart thieves sentenced
- Downtown Mason City vandal sentenced
- Mason City man accused of check forgery
- Mason City teen to be sentenced for forgery