MASON CITY, Iowa – A teen accused of dealing drugs gets a deferred judgment.
Tirrell Harlan Hopkins, 18 of Mason City, was arrested on July 3. Police say he was stopped for suspected drunk driving and was found with marijuana, marijuana wax, and plastic baggies. Authorities say a small baggie of cocaine was then found in Hopkins’ underwear when he was booked into the Cerro Gordo County Jail.
Hopkins eventually pleaded guilty to possession of marijuana with intent to deliver. On Monday, he was sentenced to five years of supervised probation. Hopkins must also complete all recommended substance abuse treatment.
As a deferred judgment, this conviction will be expunged from Hopkins’ record if he satisfies all the terms of his probation.
- Mason City teen sentenced for marijuana
- Marijuana sentence for Hampton teen
- Mason City teen sentenced for stolen check
- Mason City teen to stand trial for marijuana
- Mason City Walmart thieves sentenced
- Mason City teen to be sentenced for forgery
- Mason City teen sentenced for harboring a runaway
- Mason City woman gets probation for marijuana
- Michigan man sentenced for Forest City marijuana
- First sentence in Mason City home theft