CERRO GORDO COUNTY, Iowa - A traffic stop that was initiated due to a broken tail light and a person not wearing a seatbelt led to multiple drug charges against a Mason City teen.
Brandi Benson, 19, is accused of possession of marijuana with intent to deliver, failure to affix a drug tax stamp and possession of drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop around 5 a.m. Monday at 17th St. SE and S. Federal Ave.
The Iowa State Patrol said Benson told a trooper there was “a lot” of marijuana in a jar in her purse. The trooper said they found a large mason jar of marijuana in the vehicle.
- Mason City teen facing multiple drug charges after traffic stop results in 'a lot' of marijuana
- Mason City traffic stop leads to multiple drug charges
- Drug charges follow traffic stop in Mason City
- Charles City man facing multiple drug charges
- Mason City woman facing felony drug charges
- Cerro Gordo Co. man facing multiple drug charges after Worth Co. traffic stop
- Mason City teen sentenced for marijuana
- Mason City man reaches plea deal over multiple drug charges
- Cresco man facing drug charges after traffic stop
- Traffic stop in Rochester leads to man facing drug charges