MASON CITY, Iowa – Ahh, the smell of spring, flowers ready to bloom … and a record-setting low temperature. It doesn't exactly seem like spring, does it?
— NWS Des Moines (@NWSDesMoines) April 4, 2018
Mason City set a record for the coldest April 4 in history today when the temperature dipped to eight degrees.
The previous record was nine degrees in 1995.
Rochester dipped to six degrees early Wednesday, tying a record from 1995.
Spring will be here eventually. We think.
VIDEO: Latest Forecast
CUSTOM FORECAST: Current Conditions
MORE: Maps & Radars
INTERACTIVE RADAR: Click Here
LIVE EYE: Tower Cams
SIGN UP: KIMT News 3 Email Newsletter
- It's a record-breaking day for cold temperatures!
- StormTeam3: A potentially record-breaking cold for Veteran's Day
- Record-breaking cold freezing Minnesota lakes early
- It's not just cold, it's record-breaking cold
- Over 20 cities could break temperature records as dangerous, bitter cold invades the Midwest
- NIACC relay breaking records
- Fighting fires in cold temperatures
- Cold temperatures hits Southeast Minnesota
- Ridiculously cold temps in the Northeast break records
- Record-setting cold in Minnesota