RICE COUNTY, Minn. – A Mason City semi driver was involved in an accident early Wednesday morning.
Eugene Casteron, 75, was driving a semi when the Minnesota State Patrol said he fell asleep, ran off the road and struck the metal bridge guard rail before hitting the concrete bridge guard rail.
Casteron suffered non-life threatening injuries and was transported to a health care facility.
The accident, which happened at I-35 northbound at Highway 19, was reported at 2:08 a.m. Wednesday and blocked the left lane of Interstate-35.
- Mason City semi driver involved in Minnesota accident
- Charles City semi driver involved in Cedar Falls crash
- Mason City and Stewartville semi drivers in crash
- Accident involving transit bus Wednesday morning in Mason City
- Auto accident in Mason City
- Cresco driver in southeastern Minnesota auto accident
- Jackknifed Semis in Southeastern Minnesota
- Load of steel beams shifts, killing Minnesota semi driver
- UPDATE: Motorcycle accident in Mason City
- Two-vehicle accident north of Mason City