Photo Gallery 1 Images
MASON CITY, Iowa - The sounds of Hawaii were heard around Harding Elementary School in Mason City on Tuesday, as the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain visited the school's third and fourth-grader ukulele orchestra class.
The class opened for the British orchestra during their performance at NIACC later that evening.
Lane Hansen is a fourth grader in the orchestra, and says the group gave the class some advice before performing.
"Before, just breathe, like don't really look at the people. Pretend they're your friends," Hansen says.
Hansen was also excited to take the stage.
"It's really exciting because I've never got to perform there before in front of almost 1,000 people," Hansen adds.
The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain has been performing for over 30 years, and has performed worldwide.
- Mason City school visited by traveling ukulele orchestra
- Google visits Mason City High School
- Hospital visits in Mason City restricted due to the flu
- Mason City High School celebrates special athletes
- Mason City voters approve school levies
- Mason City school students walkout in solidarity
- Mason City school administrators dismissed from lawsuit
- Mason City School Board: 'It is time to focus on bettering Mason City Schools'
- Mason City vs. Mason City.... in the Big Dance!
- SAW: Mason City's Danny Kamm