Photo Gallery 1 Images
MASON CITY, Iowa - The sounds of Hawaii were heard around Harding Elementary School in Mason City on Tuesday, as the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain visited the school's third and fourth-grader ukulele orchestra class.
The class opened for the British orchestra during their performance at NIACC later that evening.
Lane Hansen is a fourth grader in the orchestra, and says the group gave the class some advice before performing.
"Before, just breathe, like don't really look at the people. Pretend they're your friends," Hansen says.
Hansen was also excited to take the stage.
"It's really exciting because I've never got to perform there before in front of almost 1,000 people," Hansen adds.
The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain has been performing for over 30 years, and has performed worldwide.
- Mason City school visited by traveling ukulele orchestra
- Google visits Mason City High School
- Hospital visits in Mason City restricted due to the flu
- Beto O'Rourke visits Mason City in quest for Democratic nomination
- Iowa's Lieutenant Governor visits Mason City to promote exercise
- Pete Buttigieg visits Mason City ethanol plant, criticizes EPA waivers
- Democratic Presidential candidate John Delaney visits Mason City
- Gov. Reynolds visits Mason City, talks rural economic development
- Mason City High School celebrates special athletes
- Mason City voters approve school levies