MASON CITY, Iowa – A plea deal has been reached in a late-night chase.
Dean Edward Miller, 48 of Mason City, has now pleaded guilty to possession of methamphetamine-2nd offense and eluding. Both charges are misdemeanors. His trial had been set to begin on May 1.
The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office says an attempted traffic stop on February 25 led to a pursuit through the east side of Mason City before Miller was caught in the 300 block of 8th Street SE. The chase never got more than five or 10 miles over the speed limit and did not produce any damages or injuries.
Miller has been sentenced to four days in jail, followed up by to 180 days in a residential correctional facility and two years of probation.
- Mason City pursuit nets man four days in jail.
- Mason City pursuit ends in arrest
- Mason City man gets jail for meth
- UPDATE: Man jailed after Mason City crash
- Man facing 11 charges after Tuesday pursuit in Mason City
- Late Sunday pursuit results in 1 jailed for driving, drug charges in Mason City
- Minneapolis man gets jail time in Mason City
- Stolen checks send Mason City man to jail
- Mason City man pleads guilty to jail contraband
- Jail sentence for Mason City man who resisted arrest