MASON CITY, Iowa – Police are investigating after a teenager was shot Tuesday afternoon.
The Mason City Police Department says it happened around 4:45 p.m. in the 400 block of North Pennsylvania Avenue and involved several people and vehicles. An 18-year-old male from Waverly was shot during the incident but police say his injuries are not life-threatening.
The victim was found when officers stopped a vehicle as it was fleeing the scene and an ambulance was called in. Mason City Fire Department staff took the victim to MercyOne Medical Center North Iowa for treatment.
No arrests have been announced but police say there is no indication this is connected to another reported shooting on Monday.
The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office, Iowa State Patrol, and Iowa DOT also assisted with this incident.
Anyone with information about this shooting is asked to contact the Mason City Police Department.
- 18-year-old shot in Mason City on Tuesday afternoon in 2nd shooting in as many days
- Two-car accident Tuesday afternoon in Mason City
- 2-vehicle crash Friday afternoon in Mason City
- 18-year-old from Mason City accused in 3 counties of sex extortion schemes
- 2nd person charged in connection to Mason City robbery
- Independent film being shot in Mason City
- Authorities identify man shot in Mason City
- Road closure starts Tuesday in Mason City
- Multi-vehicle crash Tuesday in Mason City
- Shooting investigation underway in Mason City