MASON CITY, Iowa - A Mason City man is facing a felony drug charge after police were investigating a report of a stolen bike.
Dustin Burkhardt, 30, allegedly ran from police during an investigation Monday night at 10th St. NW and N. Van Buren.
Police said after running from police, Burkhardt was found with two baggies of suspected methamphetamine.
Burkhardt had previous controlled substance convictions in 2018, 2017, 2012 and 2011.
He was also charged with theft after a red specialized bike was located in a garage. When officers approached the residence, he was allegedly putting bikes in the garage.
- Mason City police: Investigation into stolen bike results in felony drug arrest
- Mason City man facing felony charge after being found with stolen bike with stolen pink backpack
- Mason City woman facing felony drug charges
- Search warrant results in felony drug arrest of Rochester man
- Mason City bike program relaunched
- Mason City woman facing felony drug crime after 3rd offense
- Mason City man held on $100,000 for felony drug charge
- Mason City man and woman facing 4 felony drug charges
- Mason City man facing felony theft charge
- Mason City man arrested for third time in 2018 for felony drug charges