MASON CITY, Iowa – Trial has been postponed again for the man accused of killing his grandparents.
25-year-old Codie Michael Matz is charged with two counts of 1st degree murder for the deaths of Kenneth and Kathleen Hackbart. Their bodies were found on November 7, 2017 in the Mason City home they shared with Matz.
Trials had previously been scheduled to begin on January 23 and then February 20 but is being delayed as Matz undergoes a psychological evaluation to see if he is fit to stand trial.
His trial is now set to start March 27 in Cerro Gordo County District Court.
- Mason City murder trial delayed again
- Charles City man's murder trial delayed again
- Murder trial delayed in Rochester
- Mason City murder trial is postponed
- Trial delayed for Mason City man accused of killing grandparents
- Trial for accused attempted murderer delayed
- Attempted murder trial delayed in Olmsted County
- Attempted murder trial delayed again in Austin
- Kossuth County murder trial is delayed
- Illinois murder trial set for Mason City man