MASON CITY, Iowa – A car chase that ended with a crash into a snow bank is now going to trial.
Frederick Joseph Olson, 46 of Mason City, is accused of eluding and possession of methamphetamine-2nd offense.
He was arrested on February 14 after law enforcement says Olson sped away from a traffic stop in Mason City, resulting in a chase where authorities used stop sticks at three different locations until Olson finally crashed into a snow bank. The Cerro Gordo County
Sheriff’s Office says Olson attempted to run into a deputy’s patrol vehicle during the pursuit.
His trial is due to start on April 23.
- Mason City man to stand trial for police chase
- Trial set in Mason City car chase
- Clear Lake woman to stand trial for Mason City police chase
- Man to stand trial for Mason City stabbing
- Mason City man to stand trial for assault
- Mason City man to stand trial on drug charge
- Man arrested after Mason City standoff to stand trial
- Mason City man to stand trial for domestic abuse
- Mason City man to stand trial for credit card fraud
- Mason City man to stand trial for meth possession