MASON CITY, iowa – A not guilty plea has been entered in an attack that authorities say resulted in temporary blindness.
Justin James Zobel, 29 of Mason City, is charged with willful injury causing bodily injury as a habitual felony offender. Mason City police say they arrested Zobel after an attack on July 22 where he repeatedly punched another male in the face, causing the victim’s right eye to swell shut.
Court documents state the assault happened in the area of 27th Street and South Madison Avenue.
Zobel’s trial is scheduled to begin on October 2.
- Mason City man to stand trial for assault
- Man to stand trial for Mason City stabbing
- Mason City man to stand trial on drug charge
- Mason City man to stand trial for police chase
- Forest City man to stand trial for burglary and assault
- Trial set for Mason City man accused of assault
- Mason City man accused of weekend assault
- Austin man to stand trial for sexual assault
- Mason City man accused of murdering grandparents found competent to stand trial
- Albert Lea man to stand trial for Mason City sex crime