MASON CITY, Iowa – A man is getting no prison time for breaking a woman’s face.
Scott Allen North, 50 of Mason City, was arrested after law enforcement said he backhanded a woman in the face on May 24, breaking an orbital bone and leaving her needing eight stitches.
He pleaded guilty to assault causing serious injury and is being sentenced to spend 180 days in a residential correctional facility, followed by five years of supervised probation. North is also being ordered to pay a $750 fine and $1,000 in restitution.
- Mason City man sentenced for breaking a woman's face
- Man sentenced for Mason City car wash break-in
- Mason City man sentenced, still facing trial for another crime
- Mason City woman sentenced for insurance fraud
- Mason City woman sentenced for meth dealing
- Arson sentence for Mason City woman
- Mason City woman sentenced for meth crime
- Mason City woman sentenced for marijuana
- Mason City woman facing federal charges
- Mason City woman facing felony drug charges