MASON CITY, Iowa – A man is pleading not guilty for an incident that caused a “Code Red” to be issued for a Mason City neighborhood.
Grover Dee Taylor Jr., 46 of Mason City, is charged with domestic abuse assault and giving false information to public safety. Grover is accused of holding a woman down and punching her in the face, then lying to authorities about the woman barricading herself inside a home with a gun and threatening to shoot people.
Mason City police say they issued a “Code Red” for the 800 block of 6th Street SE on April 12, asking neighbors to remain inside their homes, because of the incident Taylor lied about.
His trial is scheduled to begin on August 13.
- Mason City man pleads not guilty for 'Code Red' incident
- Man sentenced for Mason City 'Code Red' incident
- Mason City man charged in connection to Code Red incident earlier this month
- Mason City man pleads guilty to trespass
- Man pleads guilty to Byron choking incident
- UPDATE: Code Red Issued in Mason City neighborhood
- Mason City couple pleads guilty to forgery
- Teen pleads guilty to Mason City gunfire
- Accused Mason City burglar pleads not guilty
- Man pleads not guilty to threat over phone code