FOREST CITY, Iowa – A guilty plea is finally entered in a Winnebago county sex abuse case.
Stephen Aguirre, 42 of Mason City, was charged in May 2018 with 3rd degree sexual abuse. He was accused of assaulting a minor female in October 2017 when Aguirre lived in Forest City.
Aguirre pleaded not guilty but his trial was delayed and rescheduled 15 times before a plea deal was finally reached. Aguirre is now pleading guilty to assault causing mental injury.
A sentencing hearing is set for March 24.
- Mason City man pleads guilty after trial is delayed 15 times
- Mason City man pleads guilty to trespass
- Mason City murder trial delayed again
- Trial delayed for Mason City man accused of killing grandparents
- Mason City couple pleads guilty to forgery
- Teen pleads guilty to Mason City gunfire
- Accused Mason City burglar pleads not guilty
- Mason City man's drug trial scheduled after not guilty plea
- Mason City man pleads not guilty to bike theft sting
- Mason City man pleads not guilty to drug charge