CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – A second sentence is handed out for a North Iowa meth ring.J
Joseph Angel Luna, 28 of Mason City, was arrested on state charges after the search of a Forest City home in December 2017, but those were dismissed to allow him to be prosecuted in federal court alongside Brenda Ruehlow, 38 of Mason City, for conspiring to deliver methamphetamine in the Mason City area from January 2017 to April 2017.
Luna pleaded guilty to conspiracy and distribution of meth. He was sentenced Thursday in Cedar Rapids Federal Court to 10 years in prison and eight years of supervised release.
Ruehlow previously pleaded guilty and received 10 years and one month in federal prison, followed by five years of supervised release.
- Mason City man gets 10 years in federal prison
- Mason City man sentenced to federal prison
- Meth sends Mason City man to federal prison
- Illegal gun possession sending Mason City man to federal prison
- Federal drug charges against Mason City man
- Mason City woman sentenced to more than 10 years in federal prison for meth crimes
- Meth sending Mason City men to federal prison
- Meth sends Mason City man to prison
- Federal prison for Rockford man
- Mason City man convicted of touching child will serve up to 10 years in prison