MASON CITY, Iowa - A Mason City man has been charged with second-degree arson for allegedly starting someone’s garage on fire.
Nathaniel Pope, 36, was arrested Sunday and is being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail on $20,000 bond.
Pope is accused of setting fire to the victim’s garage in September of 2018 in the 800 block of 9th St. NE.
The victim was not home when the fire was set, according to court documents, and Pope allegedly stated in messages that he set the fire and was seen by a neighbor leaving the scene.
Pope was arrested Sunday in Mason City on a nationwide warrant.
- Mason City man facing arson charge for allegedly starting victim's garage on fire
- Garage fire in Mason City
- Mason City man charged for allegedly spitting in officer's face
- Mason City man facing felony theft charge
- Winnebago Co. man facing arson charge in relation to incident at Mason City gas station
- Mason City man charged after allegedly crashing vehicle into house
- Man charged for allegedly stealing truck from Mason City business
- Guilty plea in Mason City garage burglaries
- Mason City man charged with OWI facing child endangerment charges
- Plea deal in Mason City arson case