MASON CITY, Iowa – A man is in jail after being accused of breaking into a home and stabbing someone.
Troy Allen Burtis, 34 of Mason City, is charged with 1st degree burglary, willful injury causing serious injury, domestic abuse assault-2nd offense, and carrying weapons. Authorities say Burtis broke a crawlspace window to get inside a home in the 600 block of South Carolina Avenue in Mason City on June 21.
Law enforcement says there were four adults and one juvenile in the home when Burtis broke in. He reportedly stabbed a man in the neck with a knife, leaving a one-inch laceration, and pushed a woman and pulled her hair.
Burtis was arrested on Thursday and is being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail on $39,000 bond.
- Mason City man charged with a stabbing
- Mason City man sentenced for bar stabbings
- Man charged after 5 stabbed at Mason City bar
- Charges to be dropped in Mason City stabbing
- Stabbing investigation underway in Mason City
- Mason City man charged with stealing snowmobiles
- Mason City man facing felony theft charge
- Federal drug charges against Mason City man
- Harassment charge dropped against Mason City man
- Mason City man accused of stabbing five changes his plea