MASON CITY, Iowa – A man is in jail after being accused of breaking into a home and stabbing someone.
Troy Allen Burtis, 34 of Mason City, is charged with 1st degree burglary, willful injury causing serious injury, domestic abuse assault-2nd offense, and carrying weapons. Authorities say Burtis broke a crawlspace window to get inside a home in the 600 block of South Carolina Avenue in Mason City on June 21.
Law enforcement says there were four adults and one juvenile in the home when Burtis broke in. He reportedly stabbed a man in the neck with a knife, leaving a one-inch laceration, and pushed a woman and pulled her hair.
Burtis was arrested on Thursday and is being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail on $39,000 bond.
- Mason City man charged with a stabbing
- Man charged after 5 stabbed at Mason City bar
- Stabbing investigation underway in Mason City
- Mason City man charged with stealing snowmobiles
- Federal drug charges against Mason City man
- Mason City man facing felony theft charge
- Man to stand trial for Mason City stabbing
- Man plans intoxication defense in Mason City bar stabbings
- Mason City man in critical condition after being stabbed
- Arrest made after 5 people stabbed at Mason City bar