NORTHWOOD, Iowa – A Mason City man is charged with homicide by vehicle for hitting a Worth County pedestrian.
The Iowa State Patrol said Luke J. Beenken, 43, was driving east on 390th Street on May 3, 2019, when he struck Rick Johnson, 58 of Kensett. Court documents state Johnson was rollerblading on the road when he was hit and killed about 1/8th of a mile east of Ironwood Avenue.
Investigators say Beenken was texting while driving and sent a text message at the same time he ran into Johnson.
- Mason City man charged for fatal Worth County collision
- Mason City teen charged for Worth County burglary
- Fatal collision in Wright County
- Fatal collision in Fayette County
- UPDATE: Mason City woman and three kids hurt in Worth County collision
- Mason City man accused of violent outburst in Worth County
- Five-vehicle collision in Mason City
- Jeep totaled in Mason City collision
- Vehicle flips in Mason City collision
- Authorities ID man killed in Worth County tractor-train collision