MASON CITY, Iowa - A Mason City man jailed on multiple offenses is facing a felony charge for allegedly taking methamphetamine into the jail.
Justin Zobel, 30, was arrested early Friday morning at 5th St. NW and N. Madison Ave. and was charged with OWI.
While being booked into the Cerro Gordo County Jail, Zobel was asked if there was anything illegal on his person. He said no.
Zobel was found with two small baggies of a substance believed to be meth.
Possessing contraband in a correctional institution is a Class D felony.
- Mason City man charged for allegedly having meth in jail
- Mason City woman arrested for allegedly bringing meth into jail
- Mason City man gets jail for meth
- Two arrested on Mason City meth charges
- Mason City man charged for allegedly spitting in officer's face
- Mason City man charged after allegedly crashing vehicle into house
- Man charged for allegedly stealing truck from Mason City business
- Probation for Mason City man over meth
- Meth sends Mason City man to prison
- Mason City man charged for selling meth to informant