MASON CITY, Iowa – A Mason City man is accused of pepper spraying a man in the face before biting his nose, according to court documents.
Ely Sullivan, 32, is facing a charge of assault causing bodily injury after an incident July 8.
Authorities say Sullivan committed the assault and caused bruising, bleeding and swelling to the man’s nose. The victim had to get stitches.
Police say it happened at 333 West State St.
Sullivan was charged with first-degree harassment for allegedly telling a man he was going to kill him in June.
- Mason City man charged for causing injury by biting man's nose
- Man charged with willful injury after alleged Mason City assault
- Mason City man charged with stealing snowmobiles
- Mason City man charged with a stabbing
- Mason City man facing felony theft charge
- Federal drug charges against Mason City man
- Harassment charge dropped against Mason City man
- Police: Mason City man charged after attack left person with serious injury
- Police: Mason City man charged after alleged domestic situation results in injuries to child
- Mason City man charged with OWI facing child endangerment charges