MASON CITY, Iowa- It’s a bicycle theft making a splash on social media. A Mason City man says his bike was taken right off the rack of his truck last night.
Todd Duryee is the one who made the post asking for help finding it. It had nearly 2,000 shares on Facebook by Wednesday morning.
Duryee started riding bikes to get himself back in to shape as well as a dedication to his granddaughter, Olivia. Olivia died a few days after being born because of complications.
He says the bike has sentimental value and the outpouring of support is overwhelming.
“I’ve had tons of support this morning,” he said. “Phone calls, Facebook messages, from people literally all over the country. I have no idea who some of these people are.”
Duryee did file a police report. Police say if they find a person in possession of the bike they will face charges. But Duryee says if they return the bike to him he wouldn’t press charges against them.
- Mason City man asks for help finding sentimental bike
- Mason City bike program relaunched
- Moonlight Bike Ride lights up Mason City
- Mason City man pleads not guilty to bike theft sting
- Bike share program to launch in Mason City
- Surveillance video captures vehicle vs. bike collision in Mason City
- Mason City commission looking to update bike ordinance
- Phase 1 of Mason City bike trail system completed
- North-South bike trail in Mason City moves forward
- Mason City man facing felony charge after being found with stolen bike with stolen pink backpack