MASON CITY, Iowa – A Mason City man who pled guilty to two counts of lascivious acts with a child in Plymouth County has been arrested on a warrant after police say he gave false information about his living status.
Luke Braniff, 18, is on the official sex offender registry and said that he lived at a Mason City residence in the 1300 block of 1st ST. NW with his grandmother.
Police say it was later found out that Braniff’s grandmother did not live at the residence but he was instead living his girlfriend and her minor child. He was arrested Sunday.
Braniff is being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail on a charge for a sex offender providing false information and a violation out of Plymouth County for lascivious acts with a child-solicitation. He is being held on $25,000 cash bond.
- Mason City man arrested for violating sex offender registry
- Mason City man facing felony charges for robbery, violating sex offender registry
- Hancock Co. man facing felony charge for failing to comply with sex offender registry
- Man on sex offender registry wanted by authorities in north Iowa
- Mason City man accused of sex crime
- Mason City police: Woman charged for having son stay at sex offender's residence
- Man arrested in Mason City snowmobile thefts
- Prostitution arrest in Mason City
- Plea deal in Mason City sex assault
- Mason City man pleads not guilty to sex abuse