MASON CITY, Iowa – A man accused of lifting a pregnant woman up by her neck and punching her in the stomach is being charged with domestic abuse assault/strangulation.
Jessie Thompson, 24, of Mason City, was arrested after an incident in the 200 block of 8th St. SE on Thursday at 6:34 p.m.
Authorities say a verbal argument led to Thompson lifting the woman off the couch by her neck and caused her normal breathing pattern to be impeded.
Thompson is being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail.
- Mason City man accused of punching pregnant woman in stomach
- Mason City man accused of strangling, punching pregnant woman in the stomach
- Mason City man sentenced for strangling a woman
- Man accused of punching a pregnant woman gets no prison time
- Mason City woman accused of punching doctor multiple times after visiting ER
- Mason City man accused of sex crime
- Mason City man accused of selling drugs
- Mason City man accused of weekend assault
- Mason City man accused of check forgery
- Mason City man accused of kidnapping