MASON CITY, Iowa – A man accused of stealing nearly $700 worth of items from Wal-Mart is facing additional drug charges.
Jacob Schmitt, 26, is being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail on charges for third-degree theft, unlawful possession of prescription drugs and possesses ion of a controlled substance, third or subsequent charge.
Schmitt is accused of taking $669.68 worth of goods from Wal-Mart at 3:18 p.m. Tuesday.
When searched, police say they found a Alprazolam pill that requires a prescription and methamphetamine.
- Mason City man accused of stealing from Wal-Mart, additional drug charges
- Mason City Police say women who reported suspicious activity at Wal-Mart were 'proactive'
- Mason City man charged with stealing snowmobiles
- Mason City man accused of selling drugs
- Federal drug charges against Mason City man
- Mason City man accused of stealing construction equipment
- Clear Lake man accused of stealing car in Mason City
- Man charged for allegedly stealing truck from Mason City business
- Mason City woman facing felony drug charges
- Drug charges against Mason City men