MASON CITY, Iowa – A North Iowa man is being held on $10,000 bond after what police are calling a weekend assault.
Justin James Zobel, 29 of Mason City, is charged with willful injury causing serious injury. Mason City police say just after midnight Sunday, Zobel repeated punched another male in the face. Officers say the victim’s right eye swelled shut, causing temporary blindness.
According to court documents, the assault happened in the area of 27th Street and South Madison Avenue.
Willful injury causing serious injury is a class “C” felony in Iowa, punishable by up to 10 years in prison.
- Mason City man accused of weekend assault
- Trial set for Mason City man accused of assault
- Mason City caretaker accused of sexual assaulting clients makes deal
- Mason City woman accused of assault on jail employee
- Mason City man accused of sex crime
- Mason City man accused of kidnapping
- Mason City man accused of selling drugs
- Mason City man accused of check forgery
- Plea deal in Mason City sex assault
- Man charged with willful injury after alleged Mason City assault