MASON CITY, Iowa – A traffic stop led to a felony drug charge against a Mason City man believed to be selling drugs.
Tirrell Hopkins, 18, was arrested around 12:51 a.m. Tuesday and is facing charges for intent to deliver marijuana and possession of contraband in a correctional institution.
Police say Hopkins was stopped at 15th St. and S. Massachusetts Ave. and was suspected of driving while intoxicated after authorities said a strong smell of marijuana and alcohol came from the vehicle.
Hopkins was found with multiple boxes of plastic baggies and marijuana was found on the floor boards and inside various containers, the criminal complaint said. Hopkins was also found with marijuana wax in a small case.
While being booked into the Cerro Gordo County Jail, Tirrell pulled out a small baggie of what is believed to be cocaine from his underwear.
- Mason City man accused of selling drugs
- Mason City man sentenced for drugs
- Federal drug charges against Mason City man
- Mason City man accused of sex crime
- Mason City man accused of check forgery
- Mason City man accused of weekend assault
- Mason City man accused of kidnapping
- Mason City man charged for selling meth to informant
- Mason City man accused of selling meth to a cooperating individual
- Accused shoplifter also facing drug charges in Mason City