Mason City, Iowa – A Mason City man is facing a felony domestic abuse charge for allegedly punching a woman in the stomach who is 31 weeks pregnant.
John Espinosa, 34, is facing felony charges for enhanced domestic assault and parole and probation violations. He is also facing an aggravated misdemeanor for violation of a no-contact order.
According to court documents, on Nov. 2. Espinosa approached a woman who has an NCO against him and began to argue with her before putting his hand around her neck and pushing her. It happened at 2nd St. NW and N. Jefferson Ave.
Espinosa has at least two prior domestic assault convictions.
He was also arrested this year after an incident July 12 where he allegedly threw a woman to the ground by her hair.
Espinosa has prior convictions from 2004 and 2006.
- Mason City man accused of punching pregnant woman in stomach
- Mason City man accused of strangling, punching pregnant woman in the stomach
- Man accused of punching a pregnant woman gets no prison time
- Mason City woman accused of punching doctor multiple times after visiting ER
- Mason City man accused of sex crime
- Mason City man accused of selling drugs
- Mason City man accused of weekend assault
- Mason City man accused of check forgery
- Mason City man accused of kidnapping
- Forest City man accused of punching woman, charged with false imprisonment