FOREST CITY, Iowa – A North Iowa man has been charged in the case of a woman who went missing in early November.
Kristofer Warren Voigt, 38 of Mason City is accused of 1st degree burglary, 2nd degree kidnapping, 1st degree harassment, and assault while participating in a felony.
Authorities say Voigt broke into a home in the 200 block of Park Street in Lake Mills on November 7. Court documents state Voigt was armed with a knife and a gun, assaulted a woman inside the home, then abducted her. He’s accused of taking the woman to another home in Lake Mills, then to an apartment, and then to Mason City.
Investigators say the woman stated Voigt repeatedly threatened to kill her.
Winnebago County authorities initially asked for the public’s help in locating the woman.
Voigt is also accused of helping to steal a jet skit in Clear Lake. More information on that case is available here.
- Mason City man accused of kidnapping
- Hampton man accused of kidnapping
- Mason City man sentenced for Winnebago County kidnapping
- Mason City man accused of sex crime
- Mason City man accused of selling drugs
- Mason City man accused of weekend assault
- Mason City man accused of check forgery
- Mason City man accused of stealing golf cart
- Mason City man accused of felony burglary, theft in Ames
- Mason City man accused of punching pregnant woman in stomach