MASON CITY, Iowa – A Mason City man is being held in the Cerro Gordo Co. Jail after allegedly holding a knife to a woman’s throat and leaving a laceration.
Carl Brown, 26, is facing a domestic abuse assault charge after an incident at 2423 S. Taft Ave. on Wednesday.
Brown is accused of putting the knife to the victim’s throat before strangling her after she tried to leave the residence, according to court documents.
Police said the incident stemmed from an argument the two people had. He is being held on $5,000 bond.
- Mason City man accused of holding knife to woman's throat, leaving laceration
- Mason City man sentenced for knife incident
- Ames man pleads not guilty to Mason City knife attack
- Knife-waving Mason City man is gong to prison
- Patriot Ride leaves Mason City
- Woman accused of attacking man with a knife
- Mason City man accused of punching pregnant woman in stomach
- Mason City man accused of sex crime
- Mason City man accused of selling drugs
- Mason City man accused of weekend assault