VENTURA, Iowa – Multiple charges have been filed against a Mason City teen after a motorcycle chase in Cerro Gordo County.
Clear Lake police say Crisstian D. Jacobs, 19, was seen riding his cycle at a high rate of speed west on Highway 18 in Ventura around 4:40 a.m. Monday. A police officer says he tried to pull Jacobs over but Jacobs refused to stop.
There was a pursuit to the intersection of N. Shore Drive and Woodland Drive in Clear Lake, where police say the motorcycle quit running due to a mechanical issue and Jacobs was arrested.
He’s facing charges of eluding, failure to show insurance, no driver’s license, failure to obey a traffic control device, and three counts of speeding. Jacobs was booked into the Cerro Gordo County Jail on $2,000 bond.
- Mason City man accused of fleeing Clear Lake police Monday on motorcycle
- Clear Lake man accused of stealing car in Mason City
- Monday's prep basketball highlights - Mason City at Clear Lake doubleheader
- Clear Lake man charged in Mason City theft
- UPDATE: Motorcycle accident in Mason City
- Fatal motorcycle crash in Mason City
- Condo fire in Clear Lake Monday night
- Sheriff: Despite Blizzard Warning, vehicle flees police at 100 MPH through Clear Lake
- Mason City man pleads not guilty in deadly motorcycle crash
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony