MASON CITY, Iowa – A North Iowa man stands accused of forging $1,775 in bad checks.
Blake Michael Harrer, 24 of Mason City, is charged with five counts of forgery, 4th degree theft, possession of marijuana, and possession of methamphetamine. Authorities say Harrer stole checks from a Clear Lake residence, forged the account holder’s name, and tried to deposit them in his own account. Court documents say these crimes happened between December 28, 2017 and May 2.
Law enforcement says Harrer was also caught with both marijuana and crystal meth.
He is being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail on $25,000 bond.
- Mason City man accused of check forgery
- Charles City man accused of check forgery
- Woman accused of check forgery
- Central Iowa woman accused of check forgery in Mason City
- Woman pleads guilty to Mason City check forgery
- Mason City couple pleads guilty to forgery
- Guilty plea in Mason City forgery case
- Not guilty plea in Rochester check forgery
- Northeast Iowa woman sentenced for check forgery
- Rochester woman gets probation for check forgery