MASON CITY, Iowa – The back taxes and interest on Southbridge Mall have been paid.
The Cerro Gordo County Treasurer's Office says it received payment of $150,254 from Southbridge Mall Realty Holding, LLC to cover unpaid real estate taxes, interest, fees, and the cost of three previous bounced checks.
However, County Treasurer Patricia Wright says the current real estate taxes for fiscal year 2017-2018 remain unpaid. It that remains the case, Wright says the buildings and improvements known as Southbridge Mall will be listed in the county’s June 2019 tax sale.
- Mason City mall owners pay back taxes
- Southbridge Mall owner sued for back taxes
- Southbridge Mall owner not paying back taxes because 'mall is failing'
- Mason City home owners to see property tax reduction
- Lawsuit refiled against Mason City mall
- Southbridge Mall owner now owes more than $325K in back taxes
- Mason City restaurant must pay employees over $100,000 in back pay
- Mason City strip mall emptying out ahead of pending sale
- Indoor 'soft-play' park coming to Mason City's Southbridge Mall
- Back taxes on Southbridge Mall not a burden on River City Renaissance project