MASON CITY, Iowa - Harriet Janson and Pauline Bull both have the same birthday, which is September 5th and for a while they lived on the same street in Mason City. Now both are retired and living out their golden years at The Manor in downtown.
Harriet is 101 years old while Pauline is a little younger at just 100. The women both say they remember each other from when they lived on the same street together and their kids went to the same school.
Both ladies say they have seen lots of changes over the nearly 10 decades of life, some good and some bad. Pauline likes to keep active by playing cards and bingo, and even drives still. The dynamic duo even like to dine together, sometimes even swapping food.
So what's their secret to a long life? Staying active and living a life of moderation.
- Two Mason City women who grew up together and share a birthday reflect on 100 years
- NIACC celebrates 100 years as former athletes reflect: 'People cared so much here'
- Slain Mason City railroad officer getting name on national monument after 100 years
- Bike share program to launch in Mason City
- Hubbell's running mate grew up in North Iowa
- Happy Birthday Meredith Willson
- Rudd celebrating 150th birthday
- Mason City vs. Mason City.... in the Big Dance!
- Mason City man sentenced over a year after pleading guilty
- Mason City man gets 10 years in federal prison