MASON CITY, Iowa - After leading the Mason City Mohawks football team from the sidelines over the past four seasons, Matt Berkley has decided to call it quits.
Berkley announces his resignation after an 0-9 season, saying it is for health reasons.
"I want to focus on my health and will not have the time and energy it takes to run a big program like Mason City," Berkley told KIMT.
The Mohawks went 6-30 during Berkley's tenure.
- Mason City football coach resigns
- Mason City Fire Chief resigns
- Klaahsen pulling double duty as Mason City coach
- Mason City football reacts to walk-off win
- Minnesota, football coach agree to contract extension
- Football coach died defending students in Florida
- RCTC has its new head football coach
- Mason City vs. Mason City.... in the Big Dance!
- SAW: Mason City's Danny Kamm
- House fire in Mason City