MASON CITY, Iowa – Codie Matz is scheduled to stand trial on two counts of 1st degree murder in October.
An order setting the start of the trial for October 15 was entered Thursday. Court documents say the trial is expected to last six days.
RELATED: Codie Matz double murder information.
Codie Matz is accused of stabbing to death 61-year-old Kenneth Hackbart and his wife, 64-year-old Kathleen Hackbart at their Mason City home at 327 27th St. SW in early November.
Matz is facing two counts of first-degree murder.
Matz was found competent to stand trial Feb. 13. A court filing by his attorney says he may use a defense of insanity, intoxication, or diminished responsiblity at trial.
- UPDATE: Trial date set in Mason City double murder case
- Court date set for accused double murderer
- Trial date set in Rochester murder
- Guilty plea in Mason City double-murder
- Illinois murder trial set for Mason City man
- Trial set for Mason City man in drug/gun case
- Trial set in Mason City car chase
- Meth trials set for Mason City duo
- Trial set in Rochester attempted murder case
- Mason City murder trial delayed again