MASON CITY, Iowa – Fake IDs and driver’s licenses are sending a North Iowa couple to prison.
Aleksandr Antolyevich Sagaydak, 37, and Galina Mikhaylovna Sagaydak, who turns 39 on Tuesday, were arrested after a May search where authorities say they found at least 50 phony Wisconsin driver’s licenses. The Mason City couple were also accused of traveling to department stores in Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin and using the fake IDs to fraudulently buy things.
The Sagaydaks pleaded guilty to two counts of forgery and were each sentenced Monday to five years behind bars. That sentence, however, will be served after the Sagaydaks finish serving their sentences for violating their probation for 2016 convictions in Winneshiek County for 2nd degree theft.
- Mason City couple sentenced for fake IDs
- Authorities: Mason City couple found with 50-100 counterfeit licenses and IDs
- Mason City couple pleads guilty to forgery
- Authorities ID Mason City man killed in Hancock Co. crash
- Mason City fire officials ID woman killed in house fire
- Mason City man sentenced for multiple burglaries
- Mason City teen sentenced for stolen check
- Mason City man gets consecutive sentences
- First sentence in Mason City home theft
- Arson sentence for Mason City woman