MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) — A Mason City man accused of sexually assaulting two of his caretaker clients has made a plea deal.
Cerro Gordo County District Court records say 19-year-old Wasfie Alshara filed written pleas of not guilty Wednesday to two counts of misdemeanor assault with intent to commit sexual abuse. Prosecutors lowered the charges of felony sexual abuse in exchange for Alshara's pleas.
His sentencing is scheduled for Nov. 5.
The court records say Alshara raped one of his dependent adult clients on Nov. 21 and sexually assaulted the other in a group home on June 8.
The records also say Alshara worked for an unidentified company that provides caretaking services.
- Mason City caretaker accused of sexual assaulting clients makes deal
- Plea deal in Mason City sex assault
- Mason City man accused of weekend assault
- Mason City man sentenced for sexual assaults against dependent adults
- Mason City man who worked as caretaker facing 2 sex abuse charges
- Charities carefully vetting clients
- Trial set for Mason City man accused of assault
- Mason City woman accused of assault on jail employee
- Mason City man, 34, accused of sexual abuse of teen
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month