MASON CITY, Iowa - Starting Monday, flood damaged items will be picked up on the same day as a resident's normal garbage pickup day.
All items such as carpet, appliances, sheet rock, and furniture need to be placed by the curb for pickup by the normal time. Paints and chemicals should be boxed up and taken to the Landfill of North Iowa for safe disposal.
Damaged items need to be separated into three piles, one for appliances, one for electronics, and one for furniture and carpet in order to ensure those items will be taken.
- Mason City announces flood damaged item pickup starting Monday
- Flood-damaged items will be picked up starting Monday in Mason City
- Flood debris pickup exceeding expectations in Mason City
- As flood-damaged item pickup begins, It is legal for someone to take your garbage?
- Mason City road closure to start Monday
- Road closure starts Monday in Mason City
- UPDATED: Railroad 'Quiet Zone' work starts Monday in Mason City
- Replacement of Mason City bridge to start Monday
- Downtown traffic signal project starts Monday in Mason City
- Fire damages vacant Mason City home