DES MOINES, Iowa – Mason City and POET Biorefining in Hanlontown are winners at the 2019 Healthiest State Annual Awards.
Mason City was recognized in the community category, along with Algona and Knoxville, and POET was honored in the small workplace category. The awards are given to individuals and organizations that work to improve the physical, social, and emotional well-being of Iowans.
“We are pleased to present Mason City with their second Healthy Hometown Community Award,” said Jami Haberl, Iowa Healthiest State Initiative executive director. “The City has earned the title of 2019 Healthy-Mason City and will also receive $5,000 to continue the important work of improving the physical, social and emotional well-being of the community.”
Mason City and POET Biorefining will each receive a monetary gift to continue their work promoting well-being.
“The Healthiest State Initiative is proud to recognize our award winners who are doing impressive work across the state,” said Jami Haberl, Healthiest State Initiative executive director. “Each one is an example to other Iowa schools, workplaces and communities of the strides that can be made towards health and wellness. Each of our winners put ideas into action and created sustainable change in their respective sector.”
- Mason City and POET win 'Healthiest State' awards
- Mason City Chamber wins regional award
- Healthiest State award for Cerro Gordo Public Health
- Mason City Chamber hands out annual awards
- Tourism money awarded in Mason City
- Iowans get moving during annual Healthiest State Walk
- Hawaii named healthiest state, Louisiana ranks last in new report
- Mason City woman wins $50K lottery prize
- Golden Apple Award: Mrs. Alicia Lief, Mason City
- Counties in southern MN, north Iowa ranked as some of healthiest in state