MASON CITY, Iowa – A closure for repairs is going to extend another 10 days.
The Mason City Public Library shut its doors at 12:30 pm on Wednesday so duct work could be cleaned out and materials damaged when the roof leaked and the library floods could be removed.
That closure is now being stretched due to continuing construction work, with a tentative reopening date of December 17 at 9 am.
(Photos of some of the flood damage)
- Mason City Public Library to remain closed for now
- Mason City Public Library awaits further repairs.
- Emergency repairs needed at the Mason City Public Library
- Celebrating Rochester Public Library
- Mason City, Austin Younkers to remain open
- Water valve replacement closing Mason City street
- Railroad crossing closed Thursday in Mason City
- New home for the Forest City Public Library
- Future of geneaology library at Mason City library still being discussed
- Rochester Public Library unveils its 'Literacy Hub'