MASON CITY, Iowa - The Planning and Zoning Commission wants to see Willow Creek have the same kind of renaissance that downtown is experiencing.
In their regular meeting, they discussed updates to the 2004 master plan.
Commissioners would like to see the area be a little safer and have a robust walking and biking trail system. They also want the area to be developed further and also address issues with flooding, by having development abide by 100- and 500-year flood plain rules.
The commission also approved a measure that will allow Mercy One North Iowa to build a new hanger on their site on 1st St. SW that can accommodate a new, larger medical helicopter.
- Mason City Planning and Zoning discusses Willow Creek
- Creek cleanup planned
- Mason City leaders discuss fireworks law
- UPDATED: Railroad 'Quiet Zone' work starts Monday in Mason City
- Quiet Zone work to close another road in Mason City
- Parts of Mason City, North Iowa nominated for 'opportunity zone'
- Mason City School Board discusses plan of a new pool and auxiliary gym
- Mason City Council and employees discuss drainage issue
- Mason City, Plymouth Road residents discuss solutions to flooding
- Mason City mom looks to discuss changes to Mason City Mohawks nickname