MASON CITY, Iowa – The Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, became available to submit on Oct. 1 and one local high school offered assistance to students filling out the application.
Mason City High School opened its doors to those filling out the application for the first time or even those simply in need of some help.
Karla Wymore, a school counselor, tells KIMT filling out the application is a great way for students to plan financially for college.
“It is a really great way to find out how affordable college really can be, and without the FAFSA form, it becomes really difficult to know if post-secondary planning is really attainable for students because it’s a way to know how much they have to pay out of pocket for college” said Wymore.
Wymore tells KIMT the school plans to host more of the FAFSA Iowa Ready events this year and those will be announced once the dates are set.
The deadline to file the FAFSA is by midnight on June 30th.
- Mason City High School offers free assistance with FAFSA
- Mason City restaurant offering free burrito for school supplies
- Mason City High School celebrates special athletes
- Google visits Mason City High School
- Ground breaking on assisted living expansion project in Mason City
- Mason City Transit offers free rides for participants of summer lunch program
- New HOF class for Mason City High School
- Mason City High School to get new band uniforms
- Rochester YMCA offering 400 free passes to high schoolers
- From 'inexpensive' to free today for Mason City Transit Day