MASON CITY, Iowa – Mason City Interim City Administrator Kevin Jacobson says the city’s fire chief, Al Dyer, has turned his resignation.
Jacobson offered no comment on the matter, but says resignations by city employees can be accepted by the City Administrator’s Office.
KIMT has contacted Perry Buffington, the city’s director of human resources. Buffington would not confirm if a resignation letter was turned in and would not provide further comment.
KIMT News 3 confirmed in an email from Jacobson to city staff that Mason City Fire Chief Dyer had been placed on administrative leave on November 2 pending an internal investigation. No other details regarding Dyer’s leave were released.
- Mason City Fire Chief resigns
- Mason City football coach resigns
- Interim Mason City Fire Chief named
- New Mason City fire chief named
- Mason City names new fire chief
- Mason City's new fire chief officially appointed
- Former fire chief will not sue Mason City
- Mason City announces 5 finalists for fire chief
- Mason City Fire Chief placed on administrative leave
- Search for Mason City Fire Chief takes another turn