MASON CITY, Iowa- The Mason City City Council will be voting Tuesday to male changes to the purchase sale and development agreement with G8 Development regarding the River City Renaissance Project.
Those with the city say the changes are happening because the wording on the agreement between the Mason City Foundation and G8 Development wasn’t the same as the city’s agreement. City leaders say the Mason City Foundation would like to open up the conference center and the museum portion of the project up for bids to see if it can be done cheaper, something Linda Vold of Mason City said she would be in favor of seeing.
“I appreciate the effort to get things accomplished in the most cost effective way,” said Vold. “I really am in support of the project, but I worry that it won’t happen because of all of the delays.”
- Mason City Council to vote on changes to River city Renaissance porject
- City Council to vote on new River City Renaissance developer
- Mason City City Council votes to change developers for River City Renaissance project
- River City Renaissance projects progressing
- Mason City gets a deadline on River City Renaissance funding
- What's next for River City Renaissance Project?
- Younkers closure impacts River City Renaissance project
- River City Renaissance developer is in default
- What's next for River City Renaissance?
- River City Renaissance Project nears cure deadline