A chance of rain through Thursday evening has been forecast, with the possibility of snow early Friday morning as the temperature drops into the high 20s.
The National Weather Service expects the area to return to spring temperatures Monday, with a high near 60 degrees.
Previous stories below
According to the Alliant Energy outage map, nearly all of the outages are north of Highway 18.
More than 1,000 people were without power in Britt and Garner as of 8:30 a.m., and a roof was blown off a building in Britt.
CUSTOM FORECAST: Current Conditions
MORE: Maps & Radars
ROAD CONDITIONS: Click Here
INTERACTIVE RADAR: Click Here
LIVE EYE: Tower Cams
SIGN UP: KIMT News 3 Email Newsletter
- Nearly 9,000 customers were without power in north Iowa
- Update: Around 100 customers still without power in north Iowa
- North Iowa students stay in school during power outage
- Power outages affect thousands in north Iowa, southern Minnesota
- Power outage affects around 1,600 in north Iowa
- Power linemen work around clock to restore power in north Iowa, southern Minnesota
- Iowa Governor makes stop in north Iowa
- Prison for North Iowa arsonist
- Governor candidate in North Iowa
- 'Vision North Iowa' plan announced